Automated Sequencing Runs
- Automated sequencing runs are scheduled Monday through Friday with at most two plates (2 X 96 samples) per day depending on demands.
- Call lab personnel to check current schedule in room 124A.
- A plate has 96 user samples. There must be at least 16 samples on a run. If there are less, the samples will be bumped to the next run.
- A p-GEM standard will be included to each run for instrument and run quality assurance if it is necessary.
- Failed sequences/poor data from a quality-assured run remain the user’s fiscal responsibility.
- Samples are denatured and loaded by LGT personnel. A laser scans the capillary and detected fluorescence is converted into actual sequence data.
- Run times are 2 hours for a run (16 samples) and 11 hours for a plate (96 samples) in current 50 cm capillary setting.