Service Director, Laboratory for Genome Technology
979-458-0018 | 124A Borlaug Center | email@example.com
|Dr. No has activities in three major areas: technology development, training, and service.Technology development includes evaluating and implementing new technologies in order to provide access for the LGT collaborators and clientele to cutting edge technology. He is investigating new marker technologies for genotyping and to develop novel deep sequencing protocols. Training is his main approach for technology transfer. He provides informal training to users on how to operate common equipment and software, gives technical advice on a personalized basis, and conducts formal training through workshops and classroom lectures. Services such as genotyping and sequencing are provided through the LGT under his supervision. The service also includes instrumentation. Dr. No maintains a state-of-the-art facility fully accessible to the community that includes an ABI 3130 Genetic Analyzer, a Roche 454, two Illumina GAIIs, and many other experimental and analytical instruments.|
- PhD., (Molecular & Environmental Plant Science) Texas A&M University, 1999
- MS (Plant Physiology & Biotechnology) Texas A&M University, 1995
- BS (Plant Pathology) Seoul National University in Korea, 1988
- Service Director IPGB Texas A&M University 2006-present
- Lab Manager IPGB Texas A&M University 2001-2005
- Postdoctoral Research Scientist Seattle Biomedical Research Scientist 1999-2000
- L.K. Prom, R.Perumal, S.R. Erattaimuthu, C.R. Little, E.G. No, J.E. Erpelding, W.L. Looney, G.N. Odvody, C.W. Magill (2012) Denrtic Diversity and pathotype determination of Collectrotrichum sublineolum isolates causing anthracnose in sorghum, Eur J Plant Pathol133:671-685
- A Millie Burell, Eun-Gyu No, Alan Pepper (2011) Descovery of neuclear and plastid microsatelites, and other key genomic information, inRthe rare endemic plant (Caulanthus amplexicaulis var. barbarae) using minimal 454 pyrosequencing, Conservation Genetic Resources: V 3:4, pp 753-755
- Thomas R. Ioerger, Sunwoo Koo, Eun-Gyu No, Xiaohua Chen, Michelle H. Larsen, William R. Jacobs, Jr., Manormoney Pillay, A. Willem Sturm, and Sacchettini J.C. (2009) Genome Analysis of Multi- and Extensively-Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis from KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. PLoS ONE 4(11): e7778.
- Perumal R, Nimmakayala P, Erattaimuthu S, No E-G, Reddy U.K, Prom L.K, Odvody G.N, Luster D.G. and Magill C.W. (2008) Simple Sequence Repeat Markers Useful for Sorghum Downy Mildew (Peronosclerospora sorghi) and Related Species. BMC Genetics 9: 77 (doi:10.1186/1471-2156-9-77)
- Perumal R, Isakeit T, Menz M, Katilé S, No E-G and Magill C.W. (2006) Characterization and genetic distance analysis of isolates of Peronosclerospora sorghi using AFLP fingerprinting. Mycological Res. 110:471-478.
- Yang S-H, van Zyl L, No E-G and Loopstra C.A. (2004) Microarray analysis of genes preferentially expressed in differentiating xylem of loblolly pine (Pinus taeda). Plant Science 166(5): 1185-1195
- No E-G, Zhou Y and Loopstra C.A. (2000) Sequences upstream and downstream of two xylem – specific pine genes influence their expression. Plant Science 160 : 77 – 86.
- Loopstra C. A., Puryear J.D. and No E-G, (2000) Purification and cloning of an arabinogalactan – protein from xylem of loblolly pine. Planta 210 : 686 – 689
- No E-G and Loopstra C.A. (2000) Hormonal and developmental regulation of two loblolly pine xylem arabinogalactan – proteins. Physiologia Plantarum 110 : 524 – 529.
- Loopstra C.A., No E-G, Wang H and Puryear J. (2000) Xylem-specific expression of arabinogalactan – protein – like genes. In: Cell and Developmental Biology of Arabinogalactan – Proteins. E.A. Nothnagel, A. Bacic and A.E. Clarke (eds). KluwerAcademic / Plenum Publishers, NY. p. 179 – 190.
- No E-G, Flagler M.A., Switz M.A., Carney J and Newton R.J. (1997) cDNAs induced by ozone from Atriplex canescens (saltbush) and their response to sulfur dioxide and water deficit. Physiologia Plantarum 100:137-146
- Mei B, No E-G, McWilliams E.L., Gould J.H. and Newton R.J. (1997) In vitro regeneration of fourwing saltbush [Atriplex canescens (Pursh) Nutt.]. Range management 50: 413-418
- Deep sequencing, 2008-present
- Sequencing and genotyping analysis. 2001-present
- Management of core Lab. equipments
- Training faculty, student and staff in the use of equipment and software
- Protocol development and technology transfer
- Training foreign scholars in Cochran program. Fall 2007
- Genotyping workshop for plant breeders. Spring 2004